Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Once of Prevention

I'm feeling so much better. Thanks to all who sent me positive intentions for my healing. I've been getting feedback from my body caregivers that I'm making an incredible recovery. I believe that when you directly address the emotional issues of any physical problem that recovery is sped up considerably.

A friend of mine, Julianna, who is in a graduate program with my mentor Kathlyn Hendricks, called me up during my recovery process to share with me something that she had learned in one of her classes. She told me that she had learned that body pains were an indication of withholding. So she asked me if I had any withholds. By the way withholds are when you have feelings /thoughts/ judgments that you haven't acknowledged to yourself or others. This holding "back" (get it) puts a tremendous amount of pressure on our bodies. I most often think of it as something I haven't spoken to someone that is putting a wedge in my relationship. In the case of my back injury I realized that I was withholding from myself, including sadness that I had held back for over 23 years.

I wanted to share this with you to give you the opportunity to breath into any aches and pains you might have and ask yourself "Is there anything I am withholding from myself or others? Is there anything that I'm resisting feeling?" What I know is that if I'm not proactively cleaning house then I usually create some cosmic 2x4 to remind me of what I haven't been willing to look at. I hope you can let yourself learn form me and don't "hold back."

And, once of prevention is worth a pound of cure... An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Ok, I'll stop. You get the point.
Later
Megan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm. . . interesting. I have been dealing with a lot of physical pain this past year and I've never considered it a "withhold". Thank you for the toss! I'm excited to explore that in my body:)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.