Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Massacres

So here we are on the proverbial love day!!! Hmmm...interesting that it is connected to some sort of a massacre. I never was very good with history. Anyway, I was thinking about this in connection to what I see as a relationships coach at this time of year. Holy Cow!!! So many couples or hopeful couples tend to create upsets on this day. I have observed many relationship "Valentine's Day Massacres," so I've decided to create a Valentine's Day Massacre List so that you can be at choice of whether you want a massacre or don't.

HOW TO INSURE A VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE
Megan's Top Ten

  1. Don't Love Yourself and expect that your partner should do this for you.
  2. Make sure you put a lot of expectations on what your partner should be doing for you today.
  3. Hope they will surprise you in some way, but don't tell them you like surprises.
  4. Try to make up for all the appreciation and love that you have not been fully expressing all year and try to shove it all into this one day.
  5. Wait
  6. If you are single, notice all the couples around you and begin to think how much better and sweeter your life would be if you were in a relationship. Keep obsessing about it.
  7. Give as much as you can to your partner, go overboard, in hopes of it being returned. Then get really resentful if they don't return the giving.
  8. Assume all the other couples are having a romantic day except you.
  9. Hope your partner remembers.
  10. If your partner doesn't show up in the way you think they should, make them feel really guilty and pressure them to make up for it with a huge birthday demonstration. This way you can also be right on your birthday that they really don't appreciate you.

3 comments:

Angie K. Millgate said...

OMG! I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or cry as I read this. Soooo... I did some of both and thank you (me) for that.

:)xoxox
~A

tranzitory said...

LMAO! Oh FUNNY! Awesome post Megan! So funny and so true.

Anonymous said...

Very enlightening stuff to be sure. I wish I had read this before my Valentine's Day so that I could've gone really big with my obsession over other couple's. Oh well....there's always next year. And you can be sure that I will be referring to this top 10 to create the perfect massacre! You're super brilliant!