Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Body Knows

I feel happy today. It's the warmest day of the year so far. I love how the sun feeds me and nourishes me. I've felt for awhile that my body needs the sun and have thought that all of this stuff about fearing the sun is a bunch of bull crap. When I let myself soak in the rays I feel more alive and healthy. I was talking to the Doc at my office about this and he mentioned that most sunscreens cause more cancer than the sun because of all of the chemicals. Being a sun baby, that makes me happy and intuitively feels right to me. I just don't like stuff between me and my sun.

I think all of us instinctually know what is best for us. I believe my body holds a tremendous amount of untapped wisdom. I think my body has always talked to me and I'm now getting better at listening. I find that when I listen to my body, life is so much more ease full and fun. For much of my life I've depended on my mental intellect to survive. As I tap more in to my body's wisdom I'm finding more of a peace and an experience of being that I never got from thinking.

Lately I've been practicing simply noticing my breath. Feeling my chest expand and listening to my breath as it comes in and out. I notice that when I do that my thoughts stop and it gives me a few moments of simply being. I've felt more able to listen to what my body is telling me since starting this practice. I seem to know what I want and need more easily.

I find that if I ask a question while consciously breathing and moving that I discover ways of looking at and addressing things that would have never occurred from just trying to figure stuff out.

So what wisdom does your body have to share with you?
Tune in and see.
Peace Out
Megan

3 comments:

Angie K. Millgate said...

I am loving that you have taught me about breathing, Megan. I am noticing that I use conscious breathing as a technique in helping my clients. This weekend, during my FANTABULISTIC Reiki Party - the first of its kind to be followed by many - I realized that all six of the women that came into my sanctuary were not breathing. More than half of them, when I invited them to REALLY breathe, burst into tears. I am continually surprised by how much human beings can hide from by simply NOT breathing. I am appreciating that, for me, breathing has become a daily practice. And I love that something that I just do automatically can actually shift me into easefulness if I choose to consciously observe the process. Love it! Love you! Love me!

Megan said...

Angie,
Wow so cool about your womens group. I notice lots of energy workers who don't breathe. I'm glad we have a breather in the energy realm. Way to go kid
Love ya
Megan

Kay said...

Your blog has stuck in the back of my mind since you wrote it. In my nursing studies, the new recommendation or prescription for the elderly and also children, is to get sunlight--to be out in the sun and absorb the vitamins. Our cultural is suffering the effects of not enough sun--Vitamin D deficiency. How crazy is that?

I LOVE the sun--I love to expose as much of my body to the sun as possible and just absorb its warmth and healing, regenerative power.

Okay, finally, I posted my thoughts on this. I've also always known the sun is meant to provide for us and we shouldn't block it.

Soaking up the rays and feelin the light!!

Love you!!!